Friday, February 22, 2008

Updating since Christmas....

Mid-January we took a spontaneous trip to California! The Master's college where Nate attended hosted their annual "Truth and Life" Conference. It was so encouraging to hear the excellent ministry, sing with the Getty's (http://www.gettymusic.com/) and the college band, and meet Nate's friends.
Beautiful pier near L.A.

We decided to try entering the drawing at the
Patageous Theatre in Hollywood for the chance to buy
Broadway show front row seats at a super cheap price.


We won!

The palm trees were incredible

Now back to the real and wonderful world at home :)


We have entered the potty training phase with Micah. I'm not sure who is getting the training. It has been great character training for me... in patience, kindness, self-control, etc. He is very excited about the new underwear, but sure hates to stop playing to keep them dry.



Micah prefers for people to be able to see McQueen.


Waiting to celebrate



The boys went to the dentist for the first time this week. Dental visits have changed since I was a child. They were treated like royalty and given prize bags to take home. Ezra's had these glasses inside??

It has been cold and rainy all week, so we're running out of activities. I decided to give them containers of dried beans this morning. They played happily for over an hour! I will probably be finding lima beans for a couple weeks, but hey, it was worth it.






11 Comments:

Blogger Anne/Ana/Anita/AnĂ­ said...

Wow. That was a pretty amazing post. The boys are hilarious :).

2:44 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

Nice to hear from you Rachel!
How cool to win those tickets?!

Potty training - ugg. Last year at this time we were doing the same thing. Be encouraged, it will happen.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

You guys are so great! I love to read about you. I must admit I would love to see more posts from you.

The boys are so stinken cute! Keep them coming... not boys, posts...that sounded tacky, feel free to have more beautiful children and posts.

Jaime

6:36 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Im so glad you posted! Looks like a fun trip to California...

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love broadway shows! especially when tickets are free. :) i love hearing about the boys!

8:32 PM  
Blogger fouros said...

Nice update. Nice underpants.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Lista said...

Adorable pics! Haha, if I had given my boys beans I would probably have to watch Timothy like a hawk to keep him from eating them! Good luck with the potty training! I've decided to wait and let Timothy potty train himself. I expect him to have it down by the time he's 10 or 11.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Rachel C said...

Oh potty training, the fun begins around here too.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Rachel! My long lost friend...You and your family are looking quite beautiful ; ) I saw your link through Kirsten's blog, as I started writing one to keep my church and friends updated on a mission trip I'm doing with Campus Crusade this summer. By the way, I saw Wicked this year too- so fun! Hope you're well...

9:08 PM  
Blogger Rachel C said...

Tag you're it, list 7 random facts about yourself.

12:13 PM  
Blogger the pastor's wife said...

Hey Rachel! This is Julie Brooks...I just noticed your blog on Amanda's list!
Your comment on beans made me laugh! My kids started playing with beans a few months ago, and you're right, they could play with them for (what seems like) hours. I love it! But I find them on the floor for days. Now we have a dog and he finds them, but I figure they're safe for him, right?!

Oh and your post about Micah wanting people to see McQueen cracks me up! Just this week Ryan saw a pic of himself w/ his underwear on backwards and wondered why in the world I would let him do that. Because HE wanted to see McQueen! It's so fun when they're old enough to laugh at themselves.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home